Hmmm, what did I do in 2013. Quite a bit, actually. Some a little personal, but most just general life-living. In no particular order or level of importance, here goes:
Travel – did a buttload of it!
- Went back to Spain in March with my lady, to the same place we decided to make it official. Weather screwed us over on this trips, but you can’t have it all, every time.
- Made a couple of trips to London
- Belgium to see a few breweries, and for a home get-together with a wife’s co-workers (so two trips, reall)
- France for summer vacation with my wife, daughter and niece, on the Coast of Gold. Can’t even remember the name of the town now, but the condo was right on the beach and the food and sites were awesome. We did get to go to Grasse, which is the birthplace of French perfume. The place where Fragonard and such are located. Got my mom some cool gifts, since she loves little whatnots and such. Overall, a very pricey, but enjoyable excursion!
- Germany and back so many times I can’t keep up with it. Since it’s right across the river though, no major deal there, but we did take a trip to Cologne to sample some Kolsch beer and…get my vasectomy reversed. Yep, we’re trying to back a new pup!
- Went back to the States for Thanksgiving and to visit the family unit in La. Then we headed to Washington D.C. for a week and saw ALL the sites. Natural Science Museum was a delightful little treat! Love me some Burgess Shale!!!
- Trier, Germany – looks like we need ‘assistance’ in the bun-baking endeavor…gonna go for in-vitro at a local clinic to get this problem resolved, once and for all! Fuck me to tears, I’m gonna be a parent until I’m on social security…lol
That about sums up the adventures. Got a new travel visa stamp in Munich, so I’m thinking that’ll help me get a job on base in Germany. Here’s to hoping.
Be safe, and stay…skeptical!